ZidMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Class Mappings: How to Update

5 posters

Go down

Current Class Mappings: How to Update Empty Current Class Mappings: How to Update

Post by Ziddia Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:17 am

Now, you need to go here to see what the current classes are. These are up to date as of 1.5_01. Next, you go look at your classes. You might have edited EnumToolMaterial, for example, which used to be bc.class. So, you go to these Mappings, and look for EnumToolMaterial. I found it! It's now bn.class. Now, we have to go into your ALREADY OBFUSCATED bc.class and find every single class mentioned in it. Since it's already obfuscated, all the classes it references to are as their obfuscated names. We check between our 1.4 sourcecode and our obfuscated 1.4 class to see what each of these two and one letter classes are, and then we find what they have changed to in 1.5 using the class Mappings, and edit every single instance of classes in there to be for 1.5. Finally, after that's all updated, we rename our 1.4 bc.class to be a 1.5 bn.class.

We can all now update for 1.5 without MCP (if you are good at java, at least).

Ziddia
Admin
Admin

https://zidmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Current Class Mappings: How to Update Empty Re: Current Class Mappings: How to Update

Post by madcrazydrumma Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:28 am

cool but seems a bit confusing... so basically i have to use 1.4_01 MCP and make a mod there... then just follow this tutorial?

madcrazydrumma
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Current Class Mappings: How to Update Empty Re: Current Class Mappings: How to Update

Post by HiPPiE Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:32 am

madcrazydrumma wrote:cool but seems a bit confusing... so basically i have to use 1.4_01 MCP and make a mod there... then just follow this tutorial?

You could download the file in the post. replace it with your original and add the modloader mapping from https://gist.github.com/7c932b48b75bceffd520
i am not sure and i cant try it right now Sad
minecraft.rgs is stored in conf/minecraft.rgs

HiPPiE
Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by madcrazydrumma Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 am

so basically hippie...

i have the mcp211 and all i do is replace the minecraft.rgs and add the new things to the file and then all my mods i make on the mcp will be for 1.5?

madcrazydrumma
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by madcrazydrumma Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 am

and yes the original minecraft.rgs is in /mcp211/conf/minecraft.rgs

Smile

madcrazydrumma
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by HiPPiE Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:58 am

madcrazydrumma wrote:so basically hippie...

i have the mcp211 and all i do is replace the minecraft.rgs and add the new things to the file and then all my mods i make on the mcp will be for 1.5?

Yea, you got the mcp files.
And in the conf folder theres a file called minecraft.rgs with all the classes names and stuff.
The minecraft.rgs that ziddia posted is the mapping for 1.5_01 w/o the modloader mappings.
Backup the original minecraft.rgs and put ziddia's minecraft.rgs in the folder.
Then you have to put also the modloadermappings if you use it into mcp.
Modloader mappings: https://gist.github.com/7c932b48b75bceffd520

Then if you decompile your 1.5_01 minecraft.jar, it will be all the same Very Happy .

I cant confirm this is working cuz i dont have the files on this pc.

I am just beginner modder and i didnt tried updating 1.4 mods to 1.5 so i dont know how that works.

HiPPiE
Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by madcrazydrumma Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:01 am

ok im going to make a new item and see if it works... ill report back to you in about 1 hour or maybe longer Wink

madcrazydrumma
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by dsm1891 Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 am

F*** YOU!!!!

I SPEND AN HOUR OF MY LIFE DOING THAT FOR MY MOD!
and half of them where wrong lol
where u find em?
(p.s thank you sooooooo much)

Last edited by dsm1891 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

dsm1891
Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by madcrazydrumma Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:46 am

hmm.. dont be abusive mate.. i think i should mute you and report you to ziddia...

yeh im gonna do that now... jokes Smile

no im going to give you a warning and let ziddia know about this...

even as a joke.. dont swear

Take care Smile

madcrazydrumma
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziddia Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:24 am

If this works and MCP is working for 1.5...

That would be utterly amazing Very Happy

Ziddia
Admin
Admin

https://zidmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Methuselah96 Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:10 pm

lol i thought everyone already knew about this
i would do this for my mod but i have like over 25 classes that are really complicated
so....
i wait
Methuselah96
Methuselah96
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by dsm1891 Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Methuselah96 wrote:lol i thought everyone already knew about this
i would do this for my mod but i have like over 25 classes that are really complicated
so....
i wait

use intellij prgram(its like elipse) but on this you can replace a whole class name in multiple class' at once (and veribles)

dsm1891
Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by Methuselah96 Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:00 pm

u can actually do that with eclipse too
ill try it now
Methuselah96
Methuselah96
ZidMC Coder
ZidMC Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down